Congratulations to our Girls Cross Country Team on winning the Fall Rutter Cup! The Rutter Cup is awarded once per sports season — in addition to the end of the school year — to the athletic team with the highest average GPA per athlete, fewest average disciplinary points per athlete, and fewest average absences per athlete.
Girls Golf topped the highest GPA/athlete category at 4.82, though Girls Cross Country came in second at 4.64, followed by Boys Cross Country at 4.43. All Fall Sports teams finished the first quarter with an average GPA of over 3.4 per athlete.
It was a three-way tie for first place between the same three teams for Fewest Average Disciplinary Points Per Athlete at 0 — all of our Fall Sports teams averaged under one point per athlete.
In the Fewest Average Absences per Athlete category, Girls Cross Country came in first place at just 0.7 absences per athlete, followed by Boys Golf at one absence per athlete and Boys Cross Country at 1.4 absences per athlete. All Fall Sports teams averaged under two absences per athlete.
Other Fall Sports Highlights:
- Boys Soccer: Section Champions for the seventh consecutive season. Ethan Gardner, '20; Tyler Stack, '20; TJ Cherry, '21, and Bobby Bootay, '22, were named All-Section players, while Anthony Newman, '21, received an Honorable Mention. Stack and Cherry were selected as All-WPIAL Players.
- Girls Soccer: Section Champions for the third consecutive season. Gina Mastele, '20; Rebecca Crawford, '20; Paige Kuisis, '23; Ireland Killen, '21, and Megan Lyons, '22, were named All-Section Players. Mastele, Crawford, and Kuisis were selected as All-WPIAL Players. Mastele received the most votes of all Girls Soccer goal keepers in the WPIAL.
- Girls Cross Country: Tied for the Section Championship. Theresa Lyle, '21, qualified for PIAA State Championships.
- Boys Golf: Jacob Verner, '20, qualified for the PIAA State Western Regional Championships.
- Girls Volleyball: Qualified for the WPIAL Playoffs