Seton LaSalle Catholic High School is a four-year, coeducational diocesan high school with a 30-year reputation of a strong spirit of Christian community as well as quality academic, athletic and extra curricular programs.
Established in 1979, the school is a merger of Elizabeth Seton and South Hills Catholic High School. For more information click HERE.
As a Catholic school following the example of our patron saints, Elizabeth Ann Seton and John Baptist de La Salle, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School cultivates the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth of each student, and prepares the individual to be a faith-filled, productive, responsible citizen.
Through faithful teaching of the Gospel, dedicated instruction in the academic disciplines, active participation in worship, and the generous sharing of time and talent through service to those in need, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School seeks to foster and incorporate into its very life the message revealed in Jesus Christ and through the teachings of His church.
Seton LaSalle Catholic High School is ranked in the top 5% of Catholic High Schools nationwide and has produced 17 National Merit Scholars in the past 5 years.
Seton LaSalle High School is accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.
The majority of courses are college preparatory in content based upon three levels: general, academic (AC) and honors (HN). Advanced Placement (AP) classes are offered in English Literature, English Composition, Calculus, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, European History, US History, Government and Politics, Computer Science, Music Theory, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art 3D and Art History, for a total of 16 AP classes offered.
2016 Class Placement Statistics
|2 to 4-Year Colleges||96.3%|
Class of 2016 College & University Acceptances
The Class of 2016 were accepted to 91 colleges and universities including:
Arizona State University
California University of PA
Carnegie Mellon University
Case Western Reserve University
Fashion Institute of Technology
Indiana University of PA
John Carroll University
Penn State University (Schreyers Honor College)
|Point Park University|
Robert Morris University
Saint Vincent College
Shadyside Hospital School of Nursing
Slippery Rock University of PA
University of Dayton
University of Iowa
University of Nevada at Las Vegas
University of Notre Dame
University of Pittsburgh (Honors College)
University of Pennsylvania (Penn)
University of Tennessee
University of Virginia
West Virginia University
Wheeling Jesuit University
Rebel Spirit - Celebrating Success
- 1 Academic All-American
- 8 students participated in the Westinghouse Science Program
- The SLS Band won the Bishop's Award for the Best Catholic Band at the St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Seton LaSalle teams won in every category at the Annual English Festival
- Academic Games team members competed in national tournament
- The SLS a cappella group the Trebles, placed 2nd in a national competition
- 1 member of the Forensics team competed in national tournament
- Model United Nations team participates in the Gannon University event annually
- 12 seniors representing players from various varsity sports teams signed letters of interest to play collegiate sports.
- Section Champions: Boys' Soccer, Girls' Volleyball, Girls' Basketball
- Boys' Soccer Team earned WPIAL Championship title
- Individual WPIAL Accomplishments: Girls' Golf - 2nd place
- Individual PIAA Accomplishments: Girls' Golf - 2nd place
QPA / Rank
A weighted Quality Point Average (QPA) is computed by taking the sum of quality points earned and dividing that sum by the total number of credits with advanced and remedial courses weighted in value. An unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed on a 4.25 scaled in the same manner, the exception being that all courses receive the same value. Seton LaSalle has eliminated class rank. Weighted and unweighted quality point averages appear on each student transcript.
Click Here to Download A PDF of the SLS 2016-2017 Academic Profile