Seton LaSalle Catholic High School is a four-year, coeducational diocesan high school with a 39-year reputation of a strong spirit of Christian community as well as quality academic, athletic and extracurricular programs.
Established in 1979, the school is a merger of Elizabeth Seton and South Hills Catholic High School. For more information click HERE
As a Catholic school following the example of our patron saints, Elizabeth Ann Seton and John Baptist de La Salle, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School cultivates the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth of each student, and prepares the individual to be a faith-filled, productive, responsible citizen.
Through faithful teaching of the Gospel, dedicated instruction in the academic disciplines, active participation in worship, and the generous sharing of time and talent through service to those in need, Seton LaSalle Catholic High School seeks to foster and incorporate into its very life the message revealed in Jesus Christ and through the teachings of His church.
In 2018, Seton LaSalle was voted as the best private school in the south Pittsburgh region by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette readers.
Seton LaSalle High School is accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh.
The majority of courses are college preparatory in content based upon three levels: general, academic (AC) and honors (HN). Advanced Placement (AP) classes are offered in English Literature, English Composition, Calculus, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, European History, US History, Government and Politics, Computer Science, Music Theory, Studio Art 2D, Studio Art 3D and Art History, for a total of 16 AP classes offered.
Class of 2018 College & University Acceptances
The Class of 2018 was accepted into 131 colleges and universities, including:
|Baylor University||Lehigh University|
|Bucknell University||Northeastern University|
|University of California (Irvine)||University or Oregon|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Purdue University|
|Case Western Reserve University||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Cornell University||Syracuse University|
|Drexel University||Virginia Polytechnic Institute|
|George Washington University||Xavier University|
Rebel Spirit - Celebrating Success
- 6 National Tournament Qualifiers in Academic Games
- 2 award winners at Covestro Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair
- 7 students recognized as Carson Scholars
- 5 award winners in Stossel in the Classroom's "Tech Revolution" Essay Contest
- PJAS: 2 Regional 1st place winners, state qualifiers; 5 Regional 2nd place winners; 1 Regional 3rd place winner
- Forensics: All team members made it to State Finals; 2 Nationals competition finalists; District Coach of the Year
- Band: Bishop Zubik's Award for Best Catholic High School Marching Band
- 15 seniors signed letters of intent to play collegiate athletics
- Softball: Section Championship
- Dance Team: 2 National Championship Awards
- Boys Golf: 14-0 season; Section Championship
- Boys Soccer: Section Champions; PIAA State Playoff Qualifiers
- Girls Cross Country: Section Championship; 2 PIAA State Qualifiers
- Bowling: 2 Qualifiers for the WPIBL individual championship
- Boys Swimming: One swimmer qualified for PIAA State Swimming Championships and placed 23rd in the 50-meter freestyle event
- Senior student received National Catholic Education Association (NCEA) Elizabeth Seton Award for outstanding academics, character and service.
QPA / Rank
A weighted Quality Point Average (QPA) is computed by taking the sum of the qualify points earned and dividing that sum by the total number of credits with advanced and remedial courses weighted in value (see left). An unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed on a 4.25 scale in the same manner, the exception being that all courses receive the same value.
Seton LaSalle Catholic High School has eliminated class rank. Both weighted and unweighted QPAs appear on each student transcript.