Tuition & Financial Aid
2020-21 TUITION RATES
Domestic Students: $12,275 • International Students: $15,000
Catholic Discount: $625 (Catholic Rate: $11,650)
Second Child Discount: $500
Third Child Discount: $1,000
*Discounts apply to domestic students only
Activity fee (Grades 9-12): $400
Technology fee (New Students Only): $225
Graduation Fee (Seniors Only): $150
Please click HERE to download the Pastor Signature Form for Catholic Tuition Rates.
2020-21 PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payment in Full by June 15, 2020: If you prefer to pay in full and not create a SMART Tuition account, this payment must be received by June 15, 2020.
Smart Tuition 10-Month Payment Plan: The ten monthly payments will begin in July with the final payment due April 30, 2021. For Smart Tuition enrollment instructions, click HERE. To access your Smart Tuition account, click HERE. Questions? Contact Dawn Siatkosky, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-561-3583 ext. 1140.
529 Plans: Since 2018, tax-free distributions from 529 Plans can now be received by students enrolled in private elementary or high schools who pay tuition expenses. Click HERE for more information.
We want every child who desires to attend Seton LaSalle Catholic High School to find their home here, and we work with families who make this financially possible. There are two types of financial assistance available to families who qualify: financial aid (need-based) and scholarships.
Financial assistance is available at Seton LaSalle to those who are unable to pay the full amount of tuition. Need-based aid is awarded upon an independent assessment by FACTS Management, a software program that assesses a family's financial information.
The information provided on your application, and in any support materials, will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Annual need-based grants
- Bishop's Education Fund (BEF): Need-based grants from this fund assist Catholic students attending Catholc elementary and high schools in the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- EITC grants: Need-based grants are made available to Seton LaSalle students from the Diocese of Pittsburgh through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program.
- Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship (SOS) Fund: Need-based grants are made available to Seton LaSalle students who live in a state-approved failing school district through the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) Program.
- Seton LaSalle Tuition Emergency Support Fund: This fund is intended to support current SLS families who are in crisis by providing supplemental financial assistance.
Several scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen and upperclassmen through an application and committee selection process. Scholarship requirements, information and applications for all scholarships can be found HERE, or by contacting our Director of Admissions at (412) 561-3583 ext. 1127 or emailing email@example.com.
OTHER WAYS TO LOWER TUITION COSTS
- Participate in certificate or script programs at your parish to earn tuition credit
- Find a parish-sponsored tuition assistance fund, or a family sponsor program
- Apply for aid from private sources such as The Poise Foundation
- Participate in the Junior Achievement Program, which allows your child to apply for Junior Achievement scholarships
- Apply to The Crossroads Foundation, which provides tuition assistance for students coming to a Catholic school from a failing public school district (i.e. Pittsburgh Public Schools)
- Visit The Pennsylvania Department of Education to see state-wide scholarships and grants that you may be eligible for