Tuition & Financial Aid
2019-20 TUITION RATES
First Child: $11,200
Second Child: $10,700
Third Child: $10,200
First Child: $11,800
Second Child: $11,300
Third Child: $10,800
Activity fee (Grades 9-12): $400
Technology fee (New Students Only): $225
Graduation Fee (Seniors Only): $150
Please click HERE to download the Pastor Signature Form for Catholic Tuition Rates.
2019-20 PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payment in Full by June 15, 2019: If you prefer to pay in full and not create a SMART Tuition account, this payment must be received by June 15, 2019.
Smart Tuition 10-Month Payment Plan: The ten monthly payments will begin in July with the final payment due April 30, 2020. For Smart Tuition enrollment instructions, click HERE. To access your Smart Tuition account, click HERE. Questions? Contact Dawn Siatkosky, Business Manager at email@example.com or 412-561-3583 ext. 1140.
529 Plans: Since 2018, tax-free distributions from 529 Plans can now be received by students enrolled in private elementary or high schools who pay tuition expenses. Click HERE for more information.
We want every child who desires to attend Seton LaSalle Catholic High School to find their home here, and we work with families who make this financially possible. There are two types of financial assistance available to families who qualify: financial aid (need-based) and scholarships.
Financial assistance is available at Seton LaSalle to those who are unable to pay the full amount of tuition. Need-based aid is awarded upon an independent assessment by FACTS Management, a software program that assesses a family's financial information.
The information provided on your application, and in any support materials, will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
- The Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship (SOS) Fund: Need-based grants are made available to Seton LaSalle students from the Diocese of Pittsburgh through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program.
- The Bishop's Education Fund: Educational grants from this fund assist Catholic students in Catholic elementary and secondary schools in the Diocese of Pittsburgh
- The St. La Salle Tuition Assistance Fund: This fund is intended to assist those who financially are unable to consider attending a Catholic school.
- Seton LaSalle Tuition Emergency Support Fund: This fund is intended to support current SLS families in crisis by providing supplemental financial assistance.
Several scholarships are awarded to incoming freshmen and upperclassmen through an application and committee selection process. Scholarship requirements, information and applications for all scholarships can be found HERE, or by contacting our Director of Admissions at (412) 561-3583 ext. 1127 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER WAYS TO LOWER TUITION COSTS
- Participate in certificate or script programs at your parish to earn tuition credit
- Find a parish-sponsored tuition assistance fund, or a family sponsor program
- Apply for aid from private sources such as The Poise Foundation
- Participate in the Junior Achievement Program, which allows your child to apply for Junior Achievement scholarships
- Apply to The Crossroads Foundation, which provides tuition assistance for students coming to a Catholic school from a failing public school district (i.e. Pittsburgh Public Schools)
- Visit The Pennsylvania Department of Education to see state-wide scholarships and grants that you may be eligible for
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will be conducting the financial need analysis for Seton LaSalle for the upcoming 2018-19 academic year. Families applying for financial aid will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. Applicants can apply online starting January 22, 2018 by clicking HERE to connect to FACTS online. Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2017 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF. All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online. This year, FACTS transitioned to online-only applications, so paper applications are not available.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637.
If you have any questions regarding financial assistance, please contact Dawn Siatkosky, Business Manager, at email@example.com or (412) 561-3583 ext. 1140.
Since tuition payments begin in July of the current academic year, students transferring from Seton LaSalle to another school after this date will be required to pay the tuition due to date, plus an additional month's tuition as a transfer fee before records will be forwarded to the new institution.
The Diocese of Pittsburgh has ruled that Diocesan Catholic High Schools may withhold credits, transcripts, and diplomas, or prohibit participation in graduation exercises or proms, or take other action until financial obligations to the school have been met. Diocesan high school students will not be permitted to register for or return for the following school year until all financial obligations have been met.