Lacrosse - Girls
ASSISTANT COACHES: Megan Kelly, Rhiannon Lewis, Stefany Mandarino
FACILITIES: Merrick Athletic Field
SECTION CHAMPIONS: 2018, 2011
- Coach Brian Klisavage, '83, was named WPIAL 2A Co-Coach of the Year. This was his 4th time receiving this honor.
- Four players traveled to the Netherlands to represent Team USA in a lacrosse tournament, which earned them the WTAE Action Athletes of the Week status
- Olivia Edkins, '21, became the fastest player in Rebels Girls Lacrosse History to reach 100 career goals as a sophmore
- Sarah Farnan, '19, was named to the US Lacrosse Academic All-American Team
- Mikaela Staranko, '20, signed her letter of intent to play as Youngstown State University's goalie (NCAA Division I)
- Mikaela was also named a School Winner in the High School Heisman Scholarship Competition, selected based on her exceptional abilities in the classroom and on the field, in addition to her dedication to her community
COACH K'S PHILOSOPHY
The vast majority of players begin the sport in 9th or 10th grade. Despite not having a feeder program, year after year, the Rebels compete well against the toughest competition in Western PA.
Rebelax has produced many players that have gone on to compete in the NCAA at the Division I, II and III levels. Girls interested in learning more about our program should contact Coach K at email@example.com. No previous lacrosse experience is necessary to join.