God gives us many gifts and blessings. One great gift is that, as his children, we belong to each other and can be “mutually encouraged by one another’s faith” (Romans 1:12). God often uses people and their stories to inspire, encourage, and even challenge us for the good.
To provide opportunities for God to speak to students’ hearts in new and personal ways, we bring in speakers throughout the year who give witness talks and/or discuss discipleship, various aspects of Catholic teaching, overcoming adversity and hardship, and more.
Recent speakers include:
- Sarah Swafford, renowned Catholic speaker and author
- Mark Joseph, Catholic speaker and writer
- George Dennehy, musician and speaker
- Mallory Hurley, Catholic artist
- Charles Chapman, Pittsburgh leader in Christian-based ministry
- Christopher Riebold, Catholic writer and storyteller
- Sr. Desire Findlay, Felician Sister and former professional dancer
- Sr. Mary Gianna, Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ Sister and Columbine High School shooting survivor
- Fr. Mike Ackerman, Director of Vocations for the Diocese of Pittsburgh
- Fr. Carmen D'Amico, Diocesan priest
- Fr. Frank X. Grinko, Capuchin Franciscan priest
- Rabbi Doris Dyan, longtime member of Congregation Dor Hadash and spiritual leader of independent worship group Makom HaLev