What is SportsLeader?
SportsLeader is a virtue-based mentoring and motivation program.
- It is for coaches of all ages, youth through professional.
- It is for boys, girls, young men and young women.
- It is for schools and teams, whether public or private, who are interested in a structured, intentional and specific method and curriculum to help teach virtue.
Coaches at Seton LaSalle are each participating in as many of the SportsLeader
programs as they are able to integrate.
There are 4 key components to SportsLeader:
- Mentoring - in some fashion, our coaches are implementing one-on-one mentoring.
- Virtue of the Week - inspirational prayers, stories, coaching tips built around specific virtues. Emails are sent each Sunday to coaches to implement these virtues in their coaching and mentoring time.
- Ceremonies - that nurture the athlete’s relationship with family and God - such as celebrating Father/Athlete “Jersey” ceremonies and special ceremonies for Moms
- Catholic Identity - sports teams witness our identity as a Catholic School when they compete, when they celebrate Team Masses, when they participate in Rosary Rallies. Our football team spends “chapel time” before the Blessed Sacrament before each game!