COACH: MS. LAUREN HESS, '10 • MODERATOR: MS. DEANNA HESS
Forensics is a competitive speech and debate team that both teaches and enhances students' public speaking skills, while building students' confidence in a competitive environment. The students on the team choose a literary piece that fits into one of the Forensics categories and practice their piece(s) both at home and at after school practices before performing at the Forensics meets, which take place on Saturdays at local high schools. In Forensics, you do not compete as a team, but individually in your category.
- Original Oratory
- Dramatic Interpretation
- Humorous Interpretation
Seton LaSalle's Forensics Team is top-ranked in the state of Pennsylvania, in addition to being nationally-recognized. Our team members go on to compete yearly at the State and National Forensics Tournaments. Each year, our team competed at more than 20 tournaments against hundreds of students from various schools throughout the state and consistently placed in the Top 5 at every tournament.
- Over the weekend, the Seton LaSalle forensics team competed at the virtual PHSSL State Championships. Anoushka Markose, Sophia Messina, Hadia Killang, Katie Darcy, and Margaret Brown all competed and advanced to the semi-finals on Sunday and Seton placed overall in the top 10 of the state. Congratulations to everyone who competed, and know that we are so proud of you! Special thanks to Lauren Hess for working so hard with the team and for her support throughout this season and Murphy Sofranko, Sarah Demel, and Brady Platek who was an alternate for states! Good luck to the team as they prepare for nationals in May!
- 12 team members competed at 10 regular season tournaments with every team member placing top 10 every meet and several students placing 1st at almost every meet.
- 5 team members qualified and will compete at the State Forensics Tournament
- 4 team members qualified and will compete at the National Forensics Tournament which will be held virtually in Minneapolis, Minnesota this May.
- Hadia Killang received the Academic All American Award from the National Speech and Debate Association.